As a result I've learnt a couple of really quick, easy and tasty meals that Bliss loves and will eat time and time again.
Tomato Sausage Delight.
(Original name, hey? Don't you think "delight" makes all the difference.)
Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 20-30mins depending on the oven.
You will need:
- Sausages - however many you want to feed your child/ren and some extras if you want to freeze. Hint: if you buy nice sausages it makes this dish even tastier.
- A tin of whole tomatoes, or two if you are making a huge batch.
- Herbs to taste and some salt, pepper and chilli.
- A baking dish.
- Grease the baking dish.
- Cut the sausages into bite sized pieces and place them in the bottom of the baking dish
- Cut up the tomatoes from the tin and pour them, and the tomato puree over the sausages
- Add herbs, salt & pepper and if your kids are up to it, some chilli.
- Bake in the oven covered. Uncover for the last 5 minutes.
Tinned Tomato Tip:
It's convenient to buy chopped tinned tomatoes but the next time you use them compare them to a tin of whole tomatoes. Do you notice the richness of the whole tomatoes, the thickness of the tomato sauce? To me there's a noticeable difference so I buy the whole tomatoes and just give them a quick chop before using them. Have a look and let me know if you see the difference too.