Mother's Day is this Sunday - 8th May. Besides from breakfast in bed and all those gorgeous presents our kids give us, Mother's Day is a day to reflect on what being a Mum is about. In today's busy life we get so caught up in our day to day lives and the issues we are dealing with we often forget the joys of being a Mum. Being a Mum is an amazing job and we should all take a minute to appreciate the good things about being a Mum. The joys of being a Mum to me are:
- morning cuddles in bed - I love Fridays, my day off from paid work, when my 2 kids get in bed with me in the morning and we snuggle up
- the words "I love you Mum", which my 4 year old says every day I drop him off at kindy
- the paintings the kids make for me at childcare and kindy
- when they learn something new for the first time, makes me so proud
- if I'm upset or have hurt myself my 2 year old comes up to me and pats me on the back saying "okay Mummy?"
- watching my kids play together - my son can be so caring and loving towards his little sister
- having that feeling of unconditional love - you know you would do anything for your kids
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums!!!