Saturday, June 4, 2011

Contemplating Age + Getting Older

by Becky from beckyandjames.com


Tomorrow is my 28th birthday.

As a general rule, I don't mind this whole getting older business. At least I haven't until now; which might partially be because I have thought myself to be (and felt like I was) 23 from the day I turned twenty three to, well, today.

Tomorrow I will no longer be early-twenties or even my mid-twenties, I will be joining the ranks of LATE-twenties. To top that little gem off, I will be a mere two years out from 30. 3 - 0. That number, right there, seems quite daunting. Suddenly I am freaking out.

Almost thirty and I am not something. Almost thirty and still not sure what I want to be when I 'grow up' but it turns out I was growing up without realising. Almost 30. OMG.

With this in mind, I've decided to make 28 my best year yet. Starting this month, with the gift I've given myself of A Month, Just for Me.

Tell me, what would make your best year ever?

1 comment:

  1. I remembered feeling sad when I turned 30 almost 5 years ago but I heard someone say that the years after they turned 30 were their best and that made me feel better.

    Happy Birthday, Becky! I hope you had a smashing good day and wishing you a great year ahead!

    ~ Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...